Who we are and What we do
Dublin Circus Project is a member-based organisation working to bring the Circus Arts to life in Dublin and beyond by: building awareness, providing a dedicated training centre, offering adult and youth circus education, and hosting circus events and performances in Dublin.
Founded in 2009, our members vary from full time circus performers to emerging circus artists to hobbyists engaging in a fun fitness alternative.
- Classes: We offer regular classes and workshops over a variety of disciplines we encourage people of all skill levels to join in and learn.
- Training Centre: Our Mission is to facilitate skill development opportunities to the public and professional circus performers and to support emerging artists in their transition to professional practice. We offer circus artist development through the provision of a Dublin based training facility, the Dublin Circus Centre, where beginners, hobbyists and seasoned professionals are welcome to train and hone their skills.
- Youth Programmes: Our Mission is to increase youth participation in the circus arts and help train the next generation of professional Circus Arts performers. We offer custom programmes for schools and community groups and run Youth Circus classes.
- Social Outreach: Our Mission is to provide high quality circus workshops where the overall aim is personal development and team building in the participant group. Dublin Circus Project has previously run Social Circus programmes with Direct Provision centres and other at risk groups.
- Provision Of Work: Our Mission is to ensure the sustainability of Dublin Circus Project and to provide a source of employment at fair rates for professional circus artists, facilitators and DCP administrator/s in Dublin. If you are looking to hire performers or facilitators for your event, occasion, school programme, team building workshops or other, please contact us for more information.
- Productions and Events: Our Mission is to create new and original circus productions and provide events to reach and develop greater public audiences for the circus arts in Dublin. Throughout the year we produce multiple events from social occasions to professional productions. These events include our ever popular Renegade!, our amateur/emerging artist Open Stage shows, our Street and Circus Theatre productions and more. For all of these event our members can get involved and take their skills to the stage. Find Out More.
If you would like to know more about joining Dublin Circus Project as a member you can visit our registration and membership page.
If you are interested in working with us artistically or organizing performers for an event please contact us.
The aim of Dublin Circus Project is to increase participation in and engagement with the Circus Arts and to support emerging and professional artists within the Dublin community. We achieve our mission through the following objectives: