JOB OPENING ADULT CIRCUS COORDINATOR
About Dublin Circus Project:
Dublin Circus Project is a non-profit organization working to develop the circus arts in Dublin and reach new audiences through the presentation of original circus productions, the programming of circus education opportunities for youth and adults, and the facilitation of a multi-skill circus training center, residencies and professional development for circus artists and practitioners.
Our Vision is to Dream Big, Achieve Excellence, and Live Circus.
- Develop artists by providing a training space, as well as training, development and residency opportunities.
- Train youth and create opportunities for the new generation of Circus artists.
- Enact social change by fostering life skills through the experience of circus.
- Enable our wider community to express itself through the arts.
- Deliver high quality Circus performances.
- Create working opportunities for associated artists.
- Advocate for the circus arts by collaborating with all relevant groups, organisations, agencies and institutions.
Our Core Values
- To strive for artistic excellence and creativity.
- To be fully equitable and inclusive of all regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, or abilities.
- To use the Circus Arts as a vehicle for social development and change.
- To respond proactively to the needs of our community and members.
- To promote mental and physical well-being through Circus.
- To operate in an environmentally sustainable manner.
:Dublin Circus Project is looking to hire a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to become our new Adult Circus Coordinator. They will be responsible for our Adult Circus classes and bookings with our company. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience with the Irish circus community, a high degree of computer literacy, and an ability to work within a team and on their own.
Job Title: Adult Circus Coordinator
Location: Dublin & Remote
Annual Rate: €7,800
Hours per week: 10 Hours, this will be an average as some weeks will require more hours and some will require less.
Working Days: Flexible working hours, will be required to spend some hours in the Cherry Orchard Community Center each week.
Term of Contract: 1 year, 3 months probationary period
Accountability and Management: Will be accountable to and Managed by the General Manager and ultimately answerable to the Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop, Promote and Deliver a programme of Adult Circus Classes/Workshops to include tutor rostering, class scheduling, finance management, reporting and team management
- Direct the growth and development of our Adult and Agency programmes through networking and developing relationships/partnerships within business and residential communities and with Agencies and other relevant organisations
- Sourcing funding opportunities and supporting submission of applications for identified funding opportunities
- Create and maintain organisational and documentation systems to support the above, including class scheduling, tutor rosters, financial reports, marketing material, social media content.
- Liaise and meet regularly with the General Manager and provide progress reports as required
- Meet and provide progress reports as required to the Board
- Be a key holder for the Centre
- Using Google Suite
- Calendar scheduling
- Creations of Marketing materials for our social media platforms
- Funding experience at any level
- People management
The Adult Circus Coordinator is a part-time contract (10 hours per week, €15/hour) working Monday-Friday. The role is based at The Orchard Community Centre in Cherry Orchard. This is initially a twelve-month fixed term appointment with a 3-month probationary period. It will be your responsibility to comply with all revenue requirements as an independent freelance worker.
Please send a CV and letter of interest to
firstname.lastname@example.org by OCT 12th, 2022 with the Subject “Adult Circus Coordinator”.
We ask that they ensure that they address their experience in the key service provision elements and skills required in their submission