Reporting to the Board of Directors.
Dublin Circus Project is seeking a part-time General Manager on a contract for service basis to provide strong leadership and management across all activities for the organisation. We are looking for a positive and energetic self-starter who will support the Board in working towards developing and growing the organisation. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the arts with a keen interest in Circus and Street Arts.
The role will support DCP operations including Classes, Residencies, performance hire, Youth and Social Circus and venue management. The role will include:
- General administration, including all external and internal communications.
- Accounts administration, including invoicing, collections, reporting in Sage
- Supporting the Board of Directors in ensuring best corporate governance and regulatory compliance.
- Marketing, including management and development of all online properties.
- Performance hire, including managing and developing our artists database, client interactions, booking management, invoicing and contractors payments.
- Research and identification of funding opportunities, including application and management of funding opportunities in relation to capital funding, projects, professional training and other opportunities applicable to the organisation.
- Venue Management of our base in The Orchard, Community Centre in Cherry Orchard.
- Support the development and advocate for the Circus Arts by working closely with other Circus schools on the island of Ireland, with ISACS (Irish Street Arts, Circus & Spectacle Network) and the Arts Council.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Knowledge and experience across website content management (WordPress), email clients (Mailchimp) social media and other relevant online systems and platforms.
- Experience and understanding of budget planning and management.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the arts & cultural sectors.
- Ability to think strategically and translate into effective action plans.
- Strong written, editorial, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
The General Manager contract for service is for 10 hours per week at a rate of €13.5 per hour. Subject to funding, the contract for services may increase to 20 hours at 15 euros per hour during Q4 2021.
Additional hours may be available for specific project work where the DCP is successful in obtaining funding of additional service contracts. This will be negotiated separately with the successful candidate.
This is initially a twelve-month fixed term appointment with a 6-month probationary period. It will be your responsibility to comply with all revenue requirements as an independent freelance worker.
The DCP office is at The Orchard Community Centre in Cherry Orchard. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will spend some of their time at the DCP office.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending us a CV highlighting their relevant experience for this role, and a cover letter outlining their reason for applying for the role. Applications may be shortlisted.
Please send your application by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with General Manager Application in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 25 August 2021 at 12pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
Candidates who are short-listed are expected to be interviewed in late August or early September.
We are looking for an immediate start date following the interview process.