JOB OPENING: YOUTH & SOCIAL CIRCUS COORDINATOR
Dublin Circus Project is a non-profit organisation working to develop the circus arts in Dublin and reach new audiences through the presentation of original circus productions, the programming of circus education opportunities for youth and adults, and the facilitation of a multi-skill circus training centre, residencies and professional development for circus artists and practitioners.
Dublin Circus Project is looking for a motivated, enthusiastic individual to lead the continuous development of youth and social circus programs and manage a team of youth tutors in a company which is well positioned for growth. Ideal candidates will have strong communication skills, have a high degree of computer literacy, a passion for the creative arts and an ability to work within a team and on their own initiative.
Job Title: Youth and Social Circus Coordinator
Location: Dublin & Remote
Annual Rate: €12,000
Hours per week: 16 Hours, this will be an average as some weeks will require more hours and some will require less.
Working Days: Flexible working hours, will be required to spend some hours in the Cherry Orchard Community Centre each week, most likely on Monday and Wednesday afternoons.
Term of Contract: 1 year, 3 months probationary period
- Accountability and Management: Will be accountable to and Managed by the General Manager and ultimately answerable to the Board of Directors.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain clear communication and good relationships with partner organisations, key community figures and parents/guardians.
- Network within the community to build potential new relationships and partnerships.
- Creation and maintenance of timetable for each term including tutor rosters.
- Developing and responding to requests for new programs or classes.
- Weekly meetings with the General Manager and Core Tutor Team.
- Creating forecast budgets, maintaining and reporting of accounts for all youth and social circus activities.
- To be the Child Protection Officer and ensure all Garda Vetting is up to date.
- Responding to email requests for outreach workshops and events.
- Maintaining clear communication with the tutor team and passing on urgent communications on a daily basis.
- Sourcing and applying for applicable funding opportunities.
- Directing the growth and development of the youth and social circus program
- Creating and maintaining systems of organisation and documentation.
- Identifying training needs and opportunities for the youth tutor team.
- Managing buying and maintaining workshop equipment
- Create marketing material for distribution and social media and assist in the management of the website
- Be a key holder of the Cherry Orchard Community Centre
- Using Google Suite, Spreadsheets, Document filing, Calendar scheduling, Communications and forward planning
- Funding experience at local, national and international levels
- People management
16 hours per week, with additional hours for specific project work where the DCP is successful in obtaining funding of additional service contracts. This will be negotiated separately with the successful candidate.
This is initially a twelve-month fixed term appointment with a 6-month probationary period. It will be your responsibility to comply with all revenue requirements as an independent freelance worker.
The DCP office is at The Orchard Community Centre in Cherry Orchard. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will spend some of their time at the DCP office.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending us a CV highlighting their relevant experience for this role, and a cover letter outlining their reason for applying for the role. Applications may be shortlisted.
Please send your application by email only to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Youth & Social Circus Application’ in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is 24th June 2022 at 10pm. Late applications will not be accepted.
We are looking for an immediate start date following the interview process.