JOB OPENING: General Manager (Part-time)
ABOUT DUBLIN CIRCUS PROJECT
Dublin Circus Project (DCP) was founded in 2009 by a grassroots collective of circus artists who endeavoured to build an organisation to share, practice and develop the artform in Ireland. DCP is now a key resource organisation for Circus in Ireland, based in The Orchard Community Centre. We are funded by the Arts Council and Dublin City Council, and are a member of the Irish Street Arts, Circus and Spectacle Network (ISACS); Circus Works; The Wheel; and Caravan International Youth and Social Circus Network.
Our Vision is to Dream Big, Achieve Excellence, and Live Circus.
- Develop artists by providing a training space, as well as training, development and residency opportunities.
- Train youth and create opportunities for the new generation of Circus artists.
- Enact social change by fostering life skills through the experience of circus.
- Enable our wider community to express itself through the arts.
- Deliver high quality Circus performances.
- Create working opportunities for associated artists.
- Advocate for the circus arts by collaborating with all relevant groups, organisations, agencies and institutions.
Our Core Values:
- To strive for artistic excellence and creativity.
- To be fully equitable and inclusive of all regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, marital or family status, religion, or abilities.
- To use the Circus Arts as a vehicle for social development and change.
- To respond proactively to the needs of our community and members.
- To promote mental and physical well-being through Circus.
- To operate in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- To always reach out, connect and strive to build meaningful and long lasting relationships.
Reporting to the Board of Directors.
Dublin Circus Project is recruiting a part-time General Manager to provide strong leadership and management across all activities for the organisation. We are looking for a positive and energetic self-starter who will work towards building a full-time role for themselves while developing and growing the organisation. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the arts with a keen interest in Circus and Street Arts.
- General administration, including all external and internal communications.
- Accounts administration, including invoicing, collections, reporting in Sage and supporting the board of directors.
- Marketing, including management and development of all online properties.
- Performance hire, including managing and developing our artists database. client interactions, booking management, invoicing and contractors payments.
- Research and identification of funding opportunities, including application and management of funding opportunities in relation to capital funding, projects, professional training and other opportunities applicable to the organisation.
- Support the development and advocate for the Circus Arts by working closely with other Circus schools on the island of Ireland, with ISACS (Irish Street Arts, Circus & Spectacle Network) and the Arts Council.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Knowledge and experience across website content management (WordPress), email clients (Mailchimp) social media and other relevant online systems and platforms.
- Experience and understanding of budget planning and management.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the arts & cultural sectors.
- Financial Management
- Ability to think strategically and translate into effective action plans.
- Strong written, editorial, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
The General Manager is a part-time contract (20 hours per week, €15/hour) working Monday-Friday. The role is based at The Orchard Community Centre in Cherry Orchard. This is initially a twelve-month fixed term appointment with a 6-month probationary period. It will be your responsibility to comply with all revenue requirements as an independent freelance worker.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to apply by sending us a CV highlighting their relevant experience for this role, and a cover letter outlining their reason for applying for the role.
Please send a CV and letter of interest to
email@example.com by OCT 12th, 2022 with the Subject “General Manager”