The Dublin Circus Centre
The Dublin Circus Centre provides a much needed platform for circus artists in Dublin to hone their skills through open training, to teach circus classes and workshops and run endlessly entertaining events. Whether you’re just starting out, a hobbyist or a seasoned pro the Dublin Circus Centre is open to all.
Equipped with crash mats, a wide variety of circus props, aerial rigging and apparatus (those seeking to train aerial must be Aerial Approved) and a 6.5 metre high ceiling, we provide open training and circus skills classes on a weekly basis. Along with our main space there is a studio equipped with a dance floor and mirrors, a mezzanine with a kitchen, seating area, office and bathroom, and a storage room.
The Dublin Circus Centre is open during set hours throughout the week. Please check our Schedule.
The following rules must be adhered to when in the Dublin Circus Centre.
- You are responsible for your own safety.
- All individuals training during Open Training times must have completed the Dublin Circus Project Registration Form available on site.
- Please keep the space tidy and clean up after yourself. Please use the shelves provided for your personal belongings.
- All food must be eaten upstairs. No food should be eaten in the training area.
- No shoes on any gymnastic mats.
- All gymnastic mats must be lifted, not dragged, by two people.
- Do not interfere with any aerialist while they are on the equipment. This includes: touching the equipment, walking underneath equipment, throwing props near them, needlessly talking to them while they’re on equipment.
- Seek permission to use equipment that is not yours. Ask a member of staff.
- Keep rosin, chalk, food, drink and street shoes off all mats.
- You must listen to the instruction/direction of the present venue manager at all times.
All aerialists must pay particular attention to the aerial specific rules.
Map & Directions
The Dublin Circus Centre is located at:
76g Bannow Road,
Cabra, Dublin 7
When you arrive
- You’ll see the Dublin Circus Centre banner above the main roller shutter which is sprayed red. You can enter via the front door or shutters if they are open.
- Our unit is in at the back of the building behind large purple doors.
- There is a small car park at the front of the building with further on-street parking available outside.